View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 08:30 AM   #133
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
I prefer to read from Stanza rather than ibooks or Goodreader for the control over layout, ease of importing and having epub and PDF.

I have no idea if this even possible but I thought I would ask........

When books are sent to Stanza via itunes .......

1. Add the series information after the title (I can do this for itunes but not stanza. Unless I am doing something wrong.....)

2. After a book is read on Stanza, a check-mark appears. The ability to somehow note the completion of the book in Calibre.

3. If possible to then remove completed book from Stanza.

Why? I transfer books to multiple devices (e.g. phone, ipads and readers). Some are for me, others for my kids. Currently, the only way I know which books have been read is to manually go through Stanza looking for the checkmarks. The ability to plug in and have the data transferred would be a huge convenience.

Even if this is not possible, thank you for all of the other wonderful plugins!
I do not think this is practical as there is no standard way to get at books that are to be sent to Stanza via iTunes. iTunes exposes an interface for iBooks, but not one for any third party reader. That is why Calibre currently has built-in integration to iBooks, but not to Stanza. Of course I would love to be proved wrong
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote