View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
broadsteel
broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none yet
Nexus7, ipad mini, nook hd? Could use some help... : )

Hi everybody!
I have some questions, I'm about ready to buy my second ebook reading appliance.

Love reading on my ereader - have a Sony Daily Edition. I've enjoyed it very much - only thing I don't like is the gray paper background, it really annoys me, this is nowhere near the white of a real book so I never understand the praise for e-ink. That being said, I've read a ton of books on it, its over 2 years old now so I'm looking for something else. I like the look of the page on Kindle Paperwhite, would be ideal on my Sony but... I do NOT want to be restricted to buying my content from one place.

Kind of leaning toward a Nexus 7, but then I hear that for reading books, this will irritate my eyes... now, I work all day on a computer, so I wonder if I am acclimated enough to not get eyestrain... is the brightness adjustable?

Its pretty much between the N7 and Ipad mini... I figure I can maybe surf a little w/o dragging my 15" laptop upstairs and downstairs all the time, but this is primarily for my LARGE selection of epub books. So what I want to know is:

Can I put all of my epub books on these? (Nexus 7/ipad mini)
Can I read my books on the beach or in the sun easily (ie: no glare)
Can you vary the contrast/brightness and make fonts larger?

Anybody have any opinions here? I'm not necessarily against the Nook HD either, but leaning toward Nexus.... again, primarily for reading epub books, surfing secondary. Thank you in advance!!!
broadsteel is offline   Reply With Quote