View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #83
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
A lot of people have talked about liberating and backing up their content. Another approach is to recognise what you are actually paying for - a kind of extended rental - and adjust what you are willing to pay for it accordingly.

In my own case, I have never bothered deDRMing any of my Kindle books, even though I vaguely thought I might. They simply never go to my PC. I enjoy the convenience of being able to buy things and have them turn up automatically on my Kindle. I'm not in a great rush to give myself a lot of extra work obtaining and organising the backups.

I might live to regret it, but I have no complaints so far. If I didn't build up so many unread books, I'd probably never care. I'm not a big rereader.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote