View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 04:24 AM   #7
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fif23 View Post
Very tempting ! Best display on the market ?! I like that !
But wait, is it coming from people who LIKE the Galaxy's dislpay ? Because I think it's absolutely ugly and not natural as an Iphone.

Also, what happens if I want to change out a battery after a year or so? That's their effective lifespan in these devices with 2x day charges.
In the Iphone is very simple.... Is it also a DIY with One X ?
The AMOLED screens Samsung uses are have very saturated colors, to me they don't look very natural. The HTC One X uses a different technology and the colors look similar to the iphones, but the One X has better readability in sunlight.

You definitely won't need to charge 2x a day (unless you are streaming video over WiFi all day long), but on most smartphones you will be hard pressed to get two full days of usage on a single charge if you are a really heavy user. Expect 2 years or a little more ON AVERAGE for these batteries. How much it will cost to replace the battery you have to ask the seller. If you are good with your hands you should be able to buy a spare somewhere and do it yourself.

You might also have a look at a Samsung display and ask them to tone down the color saturation somewhat? For display they usually set it to ridiculously high levels to make the colors stand out. But you can play around with it to see if you can find a setting you are comfortable with.

Last edited by HansTWN; 09-17-2012 at 04:27 AM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote