View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Hi ng7apoc, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Kobo Touch! If you would actually prefer a Kobo Glo, perhaps you could return your Touch to WHSmith? It would solve your light problem

1. Signing out of your account from your Touch shouldn't be a problem, you should be still able to read sideloaded epubs (that you put on separately yourself). But I'm not 100% sure as I've never done that myself. But to sign back in, you most definitely shouldn't have to go through the Desktop, you should be able to sign back in from the Touch itself within settings.

2. What firmware version are you using? The 'regular' 2.0.0 that is available for automatic download/update? It has a few (or more than a few) issues with all sorts of things, slowing down with more than 140 books might be one of them. There's many people out there with LOADS of books, including a micrso SD card full of them, without many slowing down issues. How long did you wait before you got tired of the slowness and took the books off again? I recall that firmware version 2.0.0 takes a long time to "do stuff" with the books only the first time you look at your library: the touch makes cover images etc. for each book that it loads to the page, which only happens the first time you load that page. So if you have lots of books, it could take ages to look through your library the first time. If you try to be patient and get through it all slooooowly, the second time round all the cover images will be there and the touch should be faster.

3. Yes, you can plug the cable into any USB socket for the Touch to charge, so the adapter you have will be fine too.

4. Yep, I know the problem! I tried 3 different lights before I realised lights are just too bright. You need a light that you can change the intensity of because really, you're never in the same ambient lighting and for darker rooms you need lights that are less bright than in a room that is quite light but just too dark for easy reading... So eventually I bought a light that has three separate intensities, and it works great. Unfortunately I haven't seen those that sit nicely and perfectly on top of the Touch like yours dose. My light is an E-luminator touch booklight (http://www.medgestore.com/products/k...natortouch.psp) that slides nicely into the side of my M-edge cover. The down side is that I can't read my book with a light without the cover, and I find reading without the cover more comfortable...

Hope that helps!

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 09-08-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote