View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #41
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
newbie help: what did I do wrong?

First, thank you to jackie_w for the clear and concise post!

However, I think I've done something wrong along the way. I'm moving my library from KoboTouch to my new T1 via Calibre. I loaded the 2 'series sort' metadata plugboards as follows:

{author_sort}{series:| - | }{series_index:0>5.1f} - {title}

They are showing up in the correct order under collections tab. But my library itself is showing up sorted by author's first name. ie, first author is 'Adam Creed' and not 'Lara Adrian'.

How do I fix that? I'm not even sure it's a Calibre/metadata problem, this may be something else in setup that I missed?
Also, I checked the 2 images on the first page of this thread, and realize none of the series data is showing up under main 'books'. It shows name of book and author only, nothing about which series it belongs to or which number it is in that series, it's the same under main books or collections, although as I said, they do show in the correct order under collections.
ie 'Twlight' shows up under the collection "The Twilight Saga" and it shows as the first book under collections page. But under Books, it just shows as Twilight - Stephenie Meyer

Also, how the heck do you 'close' a book when you're done? And have it show as 'read'?

Last edited by Blue2u; 06-15-2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: whole lot of clarification and more inane questions
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote