View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 02:49 PM   #59
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
You are correct that I've been vocal, but I think I've also been very gracious. I've said time and again that I'm fine with whatever way it goes, but that I am still giving my opinion.

Also, my very vocal opinions are in response to very vocal opinions that I originally thought were of someone trying to push something through by sheer force of will, and I still do think that. So basically, my vocality is in defence of a position that I think others share but hardly anyone else save one is continually willing to counter arguments with over and over and over again.

That said, my response wasn't about you two being vocal. It was about fairness and necessity. If the poll shows that the majority is fine with two classics, then there is no reason to change or modify that then.

Pre-poll, "modern classic" and "prize-winning" were offered as alternatives to a second "classic", if it was decided not to keep a second classic. So far the results are showing support in favour of keeping the second classic. So if the poll results stay the same, to still change the second classic to "modern classic" or "prize winning" or whatever is to invalidate the poll in my opinion.

Your feelings on the matter are fine except that you added a "personal attack" to those who were vocal before you. You can try to call it whatever you want but your responses of late have not been gracious. No one was "forcing" anything, we were all making our opinions known. Saying "I was being vocal becuase he was being Vocal" is not a valid argument. Like I tell my children, two wrongs do not make a right, it just gets everyone involved in trouble.
PilotBob has graciously offered a compromise. Whether or not you agree with his offer, the fact that he made it should have been accepted for what it was. The idea should not have been jumped all over. As the senior member/leader of this club it was his offer to make; just like when it comes to the Literary Book club it would have been your offer to make since you started that club.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote