Thread: Seriousness Are you afraid of children?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 06:14 AM   #8
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exer View Post
My mom works in Special Education, and they've been given very strict rules about how and when they are allowed to touch the students. They aren't allowed to hug, or pat them on the back or put an arm around their shoulders. Which is really strange considering some of these kids are completely immobile and need diaper changes and such. You would think if a simple pat on the back was too risky, actually needing to undress the kids should require signed approval by the President.
This seems to be another sad example that the overcautiousness often does more harm than good to those it is actually meant to protect. It would help the kids so much if they would get hugs, pats, embraces...
I hope your mom loves her job nevertheless. I show the deepest respect for everyone working with handicapped children.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote