View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 03:41 PM   #56
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
I don't buy physical books anymore, haven't for a long time. And never been a hardback buyer. Only hardbacks I had is if someone bought one for me. And I would actually tell people not to buy me hardbacks (that take up even more room).

I am 39 yrs old and have in my lifetime have filled apartments and houses with books. I always had a dedicated room for my books (my reading room lol). But when I would move I would end up getting rid of 95% of my books (who wants to move all that weight). I would save a few and it was always with gnashing of teeth when I went through this process.

I actually stopped my reading for a while. This is coming from someone that would read a book every two days (since puberty). Got tired of buying a bunch of books just to eventually get rid of them. And books were in my opinion just getting too expensive. I tried to go the library route but it became a pain in the butt. I would buy the occasional book to read but thats it. My reading room became my computer room.

So for about 8 years or so I wasn't that guy that always had a book at hand. And I missed it. More so my personality missed it. Kind of hard to explain but as a person I suffered for not devouring the written word. I don't even know if I made that connection until I got back into reading. But a few years ago I finally started reading TEOTWAWKI fanfiction off of forums. And within a short time I was back to reading a full sized story every day or two. I eventually got into epubs and that became my format of choice. I would read on my netbook or sometimes even on my HD TV (in bed lol) and then I would read on my phone when I was on the go. I would read the ebook and then delete it.

Over the last 6 months Ive started collecting again (thanks to Calibre) and have over 300+ ebooks. With so much free reading out there I have only purchased about 10 ebooks and all these were on sale or was some type of deal. I won't buy anything with DRM. And I won't buy overpriced ebooks, I consider $6.99 to be the high-end on what I would purchase for the electronic version. So that should tell you what I think of the agency pricing that has come about recently.

I waited until last month to finally get a dedicated ereader (Pocketbook 360) which is absolutely perfect for me.

I guess I could of just kept this short and said physical books aren't even an option for me. LOL. But I was trying to give a reason for how I came to the point where physical books have zero interest for me.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote