Thread: Seriousness A great favor
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Question A great favor

I have been wondering and just now getting the courage to ask a great favor of anyone who's willing.

The Request... uh... wait for it... um... wait for it... (takes a deep breath) okay, here goes...

Postcards anyone? My daughter has been collecting stamps, purely on an amateur basis. Everytime we get the mail, she looks for stamps she doesn't have. (Of course most of our mail contains bills, junk or bulk mail without any actual postage stamps.) I thought it would be neat for her to get some stamps from around the world. And, the only group I know that is worldwide is the great people here at MR.

Then I thought it would be especially nice and educational (that's the homeschool mom in me) to receive them on a postcard that depicts your country or the area where you live (US residents are most welcome too!)

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in doing this for me, for my daughter. Is this asking too much? Breaking any MR policies? I promise karma and grateful recognition for anyone who participates (if I know who it came from)! If anyone is interested, they could PM me for my mailing address, unless my address is available on my profile page somewhere?

BTW, her 11th birthday is exactly 1 month from today (6/18/09) on July 18th.

Anyway don't feel obligated (I won't give you negative karma, wait, we can't do that anyway ) She doesn't know anything about this, but I would be so appreciative and I know my daughter would be thrilled. Well, there you have it.

Thanks for taking the time to read my request and possibly even consider it!

Last edited by rebarnmom; 06-20-2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: highlighting for HarryT, I know it's a lot to read!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote