View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #160
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Just opened my Glo and the lighted screen is really nice. The lighting is totally even save a brighter bar along the top. In the flourescent lights of the office, I would call it bluish. I'll evaluate in the dark at home.

I placed an ePub in the root directory via Windows Explorer but my library is still empty after powering off and on again. Is there a trick to get the book into the library?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
That should have worked, unless they changed something in the Glo compared to the Touch, but I doubt it. Did you safely remove hardware / eject the device?

The way it should work is: connect ereader to PC with USB cable, treat ereader as a USB stick and drop your ebook onto it, safely remove hardware, then unplug the USB cable, then the ereader should automatically restart and process new content.
You could also try syncing your Glo, which should clean up the database (nicely explained by davidfor here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...php?t=192739#7)
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote