View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
TuxGirl
Groupie
TuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the husk

Device: kindle
calibre 0.9.0: conversion from pdf to mobi seems to be stuck?

I started a conversion from pdf to mobi, and it seems to be stuck. the running time so far is over 77 minutes. It has been at 1% the entire time, and still claims to be "converting input to html". Last night, an attempt at this conversion ran for about 2.5 hours before I stopped it, so when I restarted it today, I turned on the debugging output. I have the input folder, and it has numerous files in it, but over the past 20 minutes, *nothing* in the input folder has changed. Even looking at file-sizes (in bytes), I'm not seeing differences.

Aside from the index.html file and the metadata.opf, all other files in the temp directory are either png or jpg. There aren't any other html files. But, the index.html file is 7.8 MB, so I guess it's putting everything in there. The png/jpg files are all images from the original pdf, so those shouldn't be causing a problem.

I'm not sure if this could be related, but the source pdf is in chinese. The input files seem to be handling that just fine, though, and I'm seeing the chinese characters there, so I don't think that's where the issue is.

I'm using Calibre 0.9.0. Not sure if I should just cancel the conversion again or if I should give it more time. It just seems like it's taking a lot longer than conversions have taken in the past.

Since it appears that the creation of the html files seems to be complete, and just not recognized as so, would it make sense to try to cancel the conversion job, then try to use the debug folder for a conversion from html to mobi?
TuxGirl is offline   Reply With Quote