View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 09:33 AM   #19
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
Whoa! Totally unexpected! I'm taking the optimistic view that this will strengthen Kobo in the U.S. and internationally (they have a head start on B&N). Even though I opted out of the Vox, I do want Kobo to succeed, because better competition and more choices in the market is generally better for consumers. (If only we could get rid of agency pricing ...)

It feels a little weird that they were bought by an e-commerce company, but it kind of makes sense, too. I think one of Kobo's weaknesses has been its marketing reach and strategy, though they seem to have latched onto a more "open" philosophy compared to Amazon and B&N. As long as Ratuken allows Kobo to fulfill its vision, I think this is a good thing. If it starts to cloud the vision, then we lose out, I believe.

But I'm not an expert in this stuff.
emilikins is offline   Reply With Quote