View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 05:17 PM   #77
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
I think the ebook market is predominately the high volume book buyers, unlike, perhaps the print markets. Most people don't buy a $250+ reader if they're only going to buy/read 5-10 books a year. If the Agency publisher are good on their word, and drop the ebook prices when the book's been available for a while, they are cherry-picking the buyers who can't wait for the price drop, just like the hardcover buyers.
That's definitely true. Though I'm the oddball there since I read a book or two a month and bought a used Kindle 1!

The problem is currently that e-books are still a very small portion of sales for bestsellers, so the big publishers just don't give much of a crap about the e-book market yet.

Also agree on the second point, if they're true to their word and drop prices as time goes on (i.e. when the print paperback comes out) I have no problem with agency pricing.

I've waited for paperbacks my whole life before getting an e-reader, I can wait for a price drop on the e-book as well. The catch is whether they keep their word and stick to that.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote