View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #8
Z3r0r3aD'/
Z3r0r3aD'/ began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket edge
Still haven't bought. Thanks so much for all the advice! I was looking at the EE before I even knew there was a PE, but I haven't seen the price go below 450 for one yet. I'm sure it would drop as soon as I commit to buying something, but as it stands price is a determining factor for me at the moment. Seems to me that for the price of an EE, one could get a solid netbook instead, albeit without the dual screens, made by a more mainstream company. I'm still leaning towards the PE for now, mostly because of the price drop. Based on the slight lag when taking notes on either one, I doubt I would really be able to totally replace notebooks and pencils altogether. I write really fast in class, especially during math lectures, and I can see myself getting frustrated with the e-ink trying to keep up, or not having enough room as some have mentioned about the PE. I would imagine still having the bulk of my notes notes in paper, but possibly important stuff that I reference all the time like formulas, essay writing rules, and study guides could be written in PE. I can see how the larger screens on the EE would make a huge difference, but I really like smaller more portable devices. Then the battery issue...If I understand correctly, the EE has a shorter battery life, but a replaceable battery. The PE, since it's smaller, uses slightly less energy to power the smaller display, so longer battery life throughout the day but it will be mostly useless once the battery won't hold a charge anymore. Right? Still, I'm drawn towards the PE.
Z3r0r3aD'/ is offline   Reply With Quote