View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 11:27 AM   #10
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Oh heck yeah....my mom just bought an imac all in one with a 21" screen.....the display on that thing is absolutely killer. (Plus she got a 1TB hard drive and 16gb ram....can you say "jealous"?) That thing was at least $1500.

But anyway....my dell netbook has a hideous screen....our Dell laptop that is currently not working has a better screen....but I would not want to read on either of them, that is for darn sure. (I do, now, want a bigger, better monitor for my desk top!)

Good quality tablets are much easier to read on, but I don't read PDFs. Get a Nexus 7, or if you like Apple, the newest ipad Mini would be the best choice, IMO. The size of the screen on that is perfect.
Actually, the full-size iPad and the Nexus 10 are better for PDFs than the smaller versions. just because of page size issues. Unless your eyes are very good, 7" is just too small for A4/Letter size pages.

As for tablet vs. computer, one reason I prefer my 10.1" tablet to my 15.6" laptop for PDFs is that not only is the image sharper, but I can also get the page bigger.

If I look at one page in portrait mode on the tablet, I have 1920 Pixels and 8.6 inches for the height of the page. My laptop's a widescreen model, so I only have 768 pixels and 7.6 inches of height to display a single page.

Bigger, sharper image in a smaller package makes the tablet a clear winner for me.

As for a 7" tablet, that only gives me about half the area to display the page. It just isn't big enough for my eyes. (And yes, I've owned 7" tablet).
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote