View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 04:35 AM   #9
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I entirely agree that introducing a model with GSM rather than CDMA hardware would be a sensible move, but I'd imagine that would simply be a case of swapping one "module" of the electronics.

Remember, though, that Amazon own MobiPocket, and Mobi will happily sell you books regardless of what country you live in!
Indeed, as I mentioned in my first post, a version for outside the US would have to have a GSM/UMTS/HSDPA chip instead of the CDMA.

As to how difficult it would be to swap it out would probably depend upon how the module was designed. If it was a standard mini PCMCIA or similar design, it would be a piece of cake. The harder part would be to program it for using multiple different networks.

I have my suspicion however that Europe will probably not get the kindle before Version 2.0, as that would probably allow them to fix many of the problems of the current model. What i can wish is that they launch it at the same time or close to the US launch. (And Pigs will fly! :Grin3 )

And your right, i forgot about Mobi pocket for a minute.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote