View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
lkodk
Connoisseur
lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: PRS-505 + PRS-600 + PRS-T1 + Kobo Glo
Sony EBL 3.0 Mac stopped working.

Hi,

Tonight my Sony EBL 3.0 on my mac (10.6.1) suddenly stopped working.
I had it running earlier tonight. But after I had closed the program it refused to open again. It just bounces a bit in the dock, and the eBook Library menu shows in the menu bar, where I can hide it and quit it. But that's it.

The only thing it did when the program was closed, was to upgrade Calibre to 0.6.14, but I refuse to believe that this has caused the problem. (But I did try to remove Calibre again anyway )

When Sony issued EBL 3.0 I had similar problems in getting the program to run, but back then I used the trick to change my regional- and language settings to US before installing. And it has been working ever since.
What I have tried now is to
- uninstall EBL with the uninstall script Sony includes.
- reboot
- change regional-/language settings to US
- reboot
- install EBL

But I still cannot get it run again.

Does anybody got any idea?

Please do not say "just use Calibre" because I am using Calibre, but I would also like to continue being able to sync my notes.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
lkodk is offline   Reply With Quote