View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 06:27 AM   #2
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Hmm, okay, I don't know about OpenOffice and this is a little round-about, but you could use Mobipocket Creator to create an html version of the PDF and then copy and paste that from a browser. Then you'd at least have a better source material in OO as you won't have all the problems with line breaks. Mobipocket Creator can also - to some degree - handle footnotes and header texts.

If you're not too picky, and for my own taste I find it works okay - you can just use the html and convert to e.g. lrf in calibre. There might be the odd error in the text, but I don't find it hard to ignore. A lot of footnotes can be a problem though.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote