View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #1544
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Mary Sue-ish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
Not sure if you're missing anything, but I do remember that I found Atticus a bit Mary Sue-ish at first. It certainly took some time for me to really get into the book, though I don't think I ever wanted to quit. And I really started to like Atticus along the way, especially in combination with Oberon.
Mary Sue-ish? Er....I hate to have to ask, but what does that mean? I like Harry Dresden, Rachel Morgan, Mercy Thompson and others in the genre because they care about people. But this guy Atticus says:

Quote:
“Aye, but they are unlikely to provide you much sport.” I was not about to defend them or beg for a stay of execution; the best I could do was imply that they were not worth the trouble.
That's just not very admirable in a supposed protagonist.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote