View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 02:34 PM   #12
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
ya know you could buy an Eee PC then fabricate a case yourself. It has a larger screen and you can put a touchscreen overlay on it, maybe even a Wacom overlay?

Looking at the kit, I was wondering are the touch screen drivers for your OS and how will you handle user input? Maybe a small built-in keyboard? Bluetooth key board? But ya have to be able to get text input somehow.

I think this might be a FUN project. You could even begin with an Eee PC and see if you could fabricate a case by removing the keyboard and putting either just flipping the display & bezel around and lay it on top somehow. Or even if the display might fit where the keyboard is now...a custom bezel could be built from just plexi or other sheet material.

Heck you could make a plaster mold of a case you like then mix up an resin material yourself. You could even smelt your own case or have a case milled from the metal of your choice. Geeze the possibilities are numerous! I might have a new summer pro-ject...after I finish the kitchen remodel of course. Heck, I am gonna need six-months of doing nothing just to recover from that! It might be pretty spendy but who cares. When I was a kid I helped a buddy of mine and his dad build a Heath Kit TV. THAT was a blast.

OOPS, I forgot to add here is a video of a guy installing a touch screen overlay on an Eee PC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8-BbOWVgXg

Interesting stuff.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote