View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #8
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
the margins could also be set in another file - this drove me crazy until I found it, but not all books use it. In Calibre, right mouse click on your book and choose Tweak ePub and then Explode ePub. If you use Windows, a Windows Explorer window will pop up. Look for a folder named OEBPS and look for a file name of page-template.xpgt in that folder. If you double-click it you will probably need to choose what to open it with - I use notepad.

Look for a line in the file like this
Quote:
<fo:simple-page-master master-name="single_column" margin-bottom="1.5em" margin-top="1.5em" margin-left="1.5em" margin-right="1.5em" >
you can change it to
Quote:
<fo:simple-page-master master-name="single_column" margin-bottom="0" margin-top="0" margin-left="0" margin-right="0" >
save the file and close Windows Explorer and go back to Calibre and Rebuild ePub should now be available for you to choose. If you convert your book and use Page Setup to size your margins, they should be ok.

I have found times when this didn't work either and then had to edit the css, but it sounds like that might be too much for you now. As if this isn't enough already
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote