View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 04:08 PM   #6
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erictoma View Post
Do you think E-Ink technology is better than LCD for eyes or not?
Please participate in the poll above.
The objections to this poll on the grounds that sunlight is an issue miss the point. Sure, e-ink is better in sunlight, and LCD better in the dark.

But the question is, which is better FOR THE EYES. If you can't read one or the other because of lighting conditions, the issue of which is better for the eyes does not come up. You have to assume into the poll that the pollster is talking about the effect of either under optimum lighting conditions for the particular device.

My own objection to the poll is that e-ink is not a plural noun, and thus does not take a plural verb.

Aside from that, it has been scientifically proven that if the LCD is properly adjusted, it is no worse for your eyes than e-ink. Over time, with either, you will need glasses.

But my EXPERIENCE is that e-ink is easier on my eyes. I'm a Baby Boomer. It follows, therefore, that my EXPERIENCE trumps any damn stinking FACTS...
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote