View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 06:21 AM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Cool Brandon Sanderson ??

Am I alone - having finished Book 3 - in feeling Sanderson has done the old "hitting the buffers at No. 3 in a series" trick ?

I felt the re-interpretation of minor incidents/events to move the story on / provide enough material to, justify Book 3 a bit obvious, enough for me to notice it, at least.
And, for me, he did go on a bit on the mystic/philosophical side, frankly - particularly towards the latter parts.
Found myself skipping bits, to be honest.
And it did seem - in a fairly predictable manner - the tale has run its course....
Now I see there's another !

Now I wouldn't say the crime's anywhere near the scale of our George R.M., and the Ice, Blood, and make it up any old way series of course - but enough for me to ask for opinions as to whether ( noting the above ) it's worth giving Book 4 a look ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote