View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 04:03 AM   #4
ssahnan
Enthusiast
ssahnan is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle3g, kindle touch, kindle fire, kindle ipad 1 and 2, kindle iphon
I've seen the sketchy wifi reports as well, but i'll admit, my connection on it at the far reaches of the signal are as good as anything else I use at that range. the iphone wifi chips are not as strong as ipad chips so at the far end of my house, the fire is better then my iphone 4s but the ipad 2 is still the champ there, my ipad2 will beat any laptop i've used at that range as well, it's just got a solid, solid chip inside. but back to the matter at hand, streaming amazon prime at the furthest reaches of my house has not been an issue, which also happens to be a distance that some other devices don't work reliably at. There are certain deadspots in the house that some devices just struggle at in my house as well that distance wise should be close enuf to the router, but the kindle fire so far as been just fine in those deadspots as well.

The crux of my experience comes from amazon prime, no matter where I am in relation to the router, silk and netflix just stink so it's hard to use those as measures. I've got to get off my butt and get a different fire browser at some point. Router-wise, I'm on the netgear wndr4500 and I've got the highest consumer cox package available
ssahnan is offline   Reply With Quote