Thread: Should I buy?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
t4jgt
t4jgt began at the beginning.

Device: hp laserjet 1012 printer
Should I buy?

Hello everyone. My hands and wallet are itching badly lately to buy one e-reader device. I stumbled to this site while I was researching for one and I have been lurking for a while.

First of all a big THANK YOU for preventing me from making the mistake to buy the Sony e-reader. It seems a nice device but for me PDF reading is a must and as everyone keeps saying the best option is the Iliad.

So I am considering to purchase the book edition. My biggest concern is that given the price of that device and the fact that commercial e-ink is new, should I wait a bit more or should I go for it. Are there better devices or lower prices expected a year from now? So far the features I need are available. Dictionary support, good readability without getting me tired and tons of books stuffed in a portable device which I can take to the beach or in bed. The only feature I would miss is a color display but I haven't read many color illustrated books lately.

I would be very disappointed if I bought the device now and within two months a new device appeared with lower price or improved technology at the same price.

Another concern is the support. I have read their forums and there seems a lot of complains about tech support. I believe you as more experienced community have a more clear view to the matter. Do you see any trend of improvement in this area? I am a bit skeptic in that matter because I have read a lot of comments saying that the iliad device is nice as long as it works.

So what should I do? Should I buy now or wait at least until Christmas and then think again?
t4jgt is offline   Reply With Quote