View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #185
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
Well, really, you can't read anything into Kobo's policies based on one person's post, which was explicitly not meant to represent the company. For all we know, the person is no longer working at Kobo; or for any number of reasons is unable or unwilling to post to the forum.

I'm a software developer, and development can unexpectedly and without warning swallow up all time, including that which could go to volunteer activities; and of course, sometimes life circumstances take over everything, including work and volunteer time.
I think the nail is pretty much hit on the head here.

Faisal and Robin are, as far as I'm aware (had quick chat with Faisal on Friday, have seen Robin around, pretty sure it was in the last week) still here

I do know a bit about what's going on internally, obviously not up for discussion, but what I can say is that one of Kobo's motto's is about Kobo speed, and how we strive to do things at an incredible pace, and part of that means serious amounts of work, and things that are not absolutely critical to that tend to fall slightly by the wayside, to the point of not being able to say even that.

No disrespect is meant to MR by saying that, and I think that we all have times when certain things are not touched when our focus is elsewhere.

I'm certainly going to be somewhat quiet for the next few weeks, as there are a few things coming to a head that will need my strict attention, and so anything outside of that, and my family, will simply have to wait.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote