View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 05:19 AM   #89
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
".......On both my previous devices I found that always having to press the same buttons or click the same 5-way meant that that thumb got fatigued..........."

Woh, Graham - fast reader or what !

No, but the repetition really did get to me over a reading session. My two devices (Bookeen Gen 3 and Elonex 511EB) may have had slightly stiffer buttons than on a Kindle, for example, but when I moved to the Sony it was like a breath of fresh air, as I had choices.

Another great thing about the touchscreen is that you can change the page with a very light touch. This means that you can stand the reader up on a table (I have a great Tuff-Luv cover which allows this), or on your lap when reclining, and still change the pages easily. With stiffer buttons you need to have the reader leaning against something solid, or grip the back of the device at the same time you press the button.

And of course while we tend to concentrate on page-turning, the real benefit of the touchscreen comes when navigating the device, setting bookmarks, and when highlighting words to look up in the dictionary.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote