View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 02:29 AM   #107
AdrianM
Connoisseur
AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: nook, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
Perhaps copyright and DRM discussions could join that forum as well? I think I won't opt-in, as I usually end up posting there in reply to a particularly outrageous post, so it will be best if I don't read such posts at all.
I always find it a little disturbing when I hear of adults that aren't able to control their own reading and require someone else to do it for them.

I've always thought of it in quite simple terms; if a subject matter offends, don't read it. If you get all worked up about a topic and tend to offend others because of that, don't participate. People that make it sound like they are forced to read and participate in a subject just because it's easily accessible are being disingenuous at best; what they are really saying is either that they unable to control themselves or that they want to censor other people's discussions because they don't agree with the opinions that are expressed in those discussions.

The opt in/out thing is a reasonable idea but IMO, you should have to choose to opt out like you choose to ignore people. Or perhaps, we should all be ignoring each other by default and have to unignore people specifically to see what they are posting...