View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:46 AM   #20
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois_C View Post
I also noticed:
- Abnormal (enormous) battery consumption or measurement by software (also malfunctions of auto sleep and power off: this morning my Kobo was on though auto power off is set to 15 mn): Did someone notice this issue? Or is my battery (the Kobo is just one year old) already dead?
I haven't noticed enormous battery consumption, but I have seen it occasionally not go even to Sleep mode, if it goes as far as Sleep, it always powers off eventually.

Quote:
- Numerous problems with last cover display: early 2.0 versions always displayed the previous book. 2.3 is often unable to "remember" some book covers. Does not depend upon the book. If I delete/reload it with Calibre, the issue often disappears.
Definitely. I think I've determined that a power-off cycle will fix that (when the cover displayed in "sleep" was wrong, the cover displayed when powered off seemed always to be right). Still, most of these bugs seem fairly random, and just because that's worked the last two times, I'm not prepared to say it will work next time!

Quote:
Seems that this 2.3 series is a dismal failure like Windows Millenium or Vista...
It seems I'm about the only person on the planet who never had a problem with those - but then I haven't been a serious Windows user for a very long time.
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote