View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #3
mcooke66
Connoisseur
mcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook ST - Nook 1st Gen
A touch screen device with no buttons. I have not seen one of those maybe you can help out there.

Page turn buttons are an option that MANY people require, having both is just good design.

No border - I have the NST and without the wide border I would have very few options on how to hold it. Anyone who has read for a long time with an ereader knows that comfort in your hands is absolutely one of the most important things. As far as accidentally triggering something on the screen, all the ways around it reduce the usability of the touch screen. If I need 3 fingers or a magic code to turn pages I will just demand more buttons. I think even you would hate the results of this design.

The division of memory on board has irked many folks but when put in perspective of a 10 dollar sd card to expand to 4 gigs, it is really a non issue.

Waterproof - I think that is just wishful thinking but hey I would like that as well.

Interesting list but IMO mostly impractical, I think B&N did most things right in the design especially considering they actually want to please the biggest audience they can.
mcooke66 is offline   Reply With Quote