View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 06:33 AM   #31
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
And I will never understand that "I wanna have wifi" thing as my reader holds up to 1200 books and in normal life you are at least twice a day next to a computer. Heck, there are computers everywhere: at home, workplace, there are even coffeeplaces that have computers ready... As long as you are not going on an expedition to Antarctica I don't see the need for wifi and even then you'd have the 1200 book on board. So, please, give me a break.
When I got my 505, the 3g feature wasn't important at all to me either, but after trying the kindle app out on my ipad and then my phone, the benefits of things like synching your position in your book automatically just became so useful to me that when I got an e-ink device with a pearl screen that the k3 was the easy choice.

As far as the way I use my ereaders, I was never one to try and load up all my books on there right away, I have some loaded besides the one I am reading and just load more on it as I need them either via Calibre or the Amazon store itself with some of the bargain priced stuff on the latter seeming to be very well suited to impulse purchases of books that I would not otherwise have come across.

One area that I wish the kindle would improve on would be the organisation of larger amounts of books on a device as the sony setup for this is just so much better for that.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote