View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 05:02 PM   #19
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
MobileRead is a strictly "legit" site. We do not condone or encourage illegal activities here. If you want eBooks to be a success, we encourage you to buy them to send a message to the authors and publishers that this is a good way to publish.
Let me give you a 'for instance' here.

Fictionwise. The new William Gibson novel - Spook Country. $26. Available only in DRMed formats.

Amazon.com. Same book. $16 (in hardcover no less!)

Now, are you going to tell us, in complete honesty, that intelligent, honest people are going to actually pay $10 more to get less?

Because once I've read the paper version, I can re-sell it on Amazon.com and get at least $10 back. You can't do that with the DRMed eBook

Amazon.com will guarantee that the paper book will still be readable in 5 years. Fictionwise can't guarantee that any of those DRMed formats will be around in 5 years.

Simply put, buying that eBook for $26 from Fictionwise tells the publishers and authors only 1 thing: eBook buyers are morons with too much money.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote