View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 07:00 AM   #13
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Ho yeah for sure, but this is the announced dead of the Cool-er, Astak "mentor", Elonex and some others ^^

And what I know about netronix, is that they build on demand so if they now don't want to build anymore for X or Y, X or Y will die
Any of those "brands" can go to another mfg should they not be able to make an agreement with Pocketbook Global. No reason those brands cannot continue to do business as usual that that for whatever you will.

And I am sure Pocketbook Global will not just dump other brands. Those sort of deals pay the rent. Still it will likely be more efficient to move away from the build-on-demand model if that is how they have been doing things. It is one thing to nurture a new client along. But at some point it becomes clear some clients will never grow and actually can represent lost revenue because the time spent build for them could be better used for a higher end client.

I think this is not only great for the industry & consumer, many were already noticing that the market is currently lousy with re-badged clones that differ only in name. That only slows down the factory because unless the brand boxes their devices themselves each brand needs it's own packaging. Kinda hard to deal with.

If it helps to understand, laptops are essentially produced using the same model. A given factory can build units for a dozen or more brands. Except in the laptop market there can be variation between components for each brand.

I world not worry about any brands which turn teats up after this because they were destine for that anyway. In fact I could see several of those brands to merge into a bigger and stronger brand...and again, that is only good for the rest of us because it lowers overhead, increases profits for the new company allowing them to be more competitive in the market because where they were ordering 500 pcs. at a whack, now they can order 5000 pcs. thus getting a better price so they can then compete on price and even quality if they choose to do so.

The next few weeks will be interesting as the industry begins to watch the pieces move around the board. Now this is a FUN game...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote