View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 09:20 PM   #55
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
Stephen R. Donaldson
I enjoyed the Thomas Covenant series, but I can see how others would not. If you don't like crappy anti-heroes who don't learn (like in real life), you won't like Covenant.

Terry Brooks
I read Sword of Shannara and thought it was awful. I was very much put off by how similar it was to Lord of the Rings, and my inner sense of cognitive dissonance kept ringing because the writing was so clumsy and awkward. I did, however, recently read and enjoy "Magic Kingdom for Sale". Not the best book around, but it was cheap and I wanted some comforting fantasy.

Robert Jordan
I flew through the Wheel of Time for the first time last spring when I was still using my DS as a reader. (Hey, it works!) I enjoyed it and thought the writing was good, and the story very good.

Terry Goodkind
Wizard's First Rule was what brought me back into the land of pleasure reading during college, and my initial impetus for turning my DS into a book reader. I won't say that it's perfect by any means, and I skipped through 20 pages of "how to avoid being a communist" several times. But the story itself and characters are good.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote