View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #12
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan diVega View Post
Pandora's Star and the sequel Judas Unchained, both by Peter F. Hamilton, is a great story of how it's sometimes better to leave alone things you don't understand.
Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
Dan Simmons - Hyperion, and its 3 sequels. Amazing SF, and my favorite books. That man can write!
And yes!

I would add Robert Charles Wilson. Spin is awesome. Also, I agree Snow Crash is so great, but I didn't care for Stephenson after that.Oh! And I almost forgot, no one has mentioned Orson Scott Card. Read Ender's Game, by all means! In fact it would be a very good introduction to the genre, since it is a little less complex than some of the ones we've all been endorsing. Though it does grapple with some pretty heavy moral issues. Great, great book. Cheers!

Last edited by usuallee; 08-02-2013 at 09:18 AM.
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote