View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 06:06 AM   #3
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
There are reports that the 32GB version uses significantly faster memory that the previous versions:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/...-the-holidays/
Quote:
After I obtained the final Android 4.2 update for my 8GB Nexus 7, running the Androbench storage benchmark on both tablets confirmed my suspicions: the tablet's memory speeds are improved quite a bit over the entry-level 8GB version, due perhaps to the use of faster NAND or because higher-density devices can increase speeds by performing more read and write operations simultaneously (a process also known as interleaving). Read speeds are up by around 33 percent, while write speeds are about twice as fast as they are on the 8GB version.
[...]
These aren't life-changing gains, but they're definitely there. Google wouldn't officially state that Asus is using faster flash memory in these new tablets, so whether these performance improvements are also present in the 16GB model is uncertain. What we can say for sure is that people buying the high-capacity 32GB version should be getting a slightly faster tablet than early adopters who snagged the 8GB version.
Edit: Turns out that this might not be news, and that that 16GB version was also faster than the 8GB version: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6130/t...ge-performance

Last edited by murraypaul; 11-14-2012 at 06:10 AM.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote