View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #857
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray View Post
When I start atk and click next it says no usb detected. Should I have the kindle plugged into usb before starting ATK? When I connect k3 to computer with usb it does recognize the kindle and even shows me all of the books I have on it. On device manager it shows up under portable devices.
No, you should go and read about how to bring your device into USB downloader mode. Besides plugging it in, it involves holding a button (Vol- I think, or was it Vol+) pressed during early boot-up. It's all pretty well explained in the guides, I advise strongly to go, read it carefully, understand about each step and generally follow given advise in these guides. Especially the one about charging your battery (and not trusting the LED).
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote