View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 06:08 PM   #1
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Ask a publisher?

I followed my own advice several days ago and e-mailed a publisher to ask him to consider publishing in e-book format. Boy, was that a mistake.

What I got back was a vitriolic attack on Amazon, Borders and the like with a statement that this person wished that they would all go belly-up as soon as possible, it would be best for the book world.

While I can appreciate his claim that his books aren't handled by small bookstores because people can get them cheaper from the online stores, I was taken aback by his unleashing all this on me in response to a simple question.

He did bring an interesting point to light, though. In Germany it's illegal to discount books, even by online sales (I researched this after his email). As a consequence, there is a small bookstore on every corner, and a plethora of publishers. Of course, German doesn't appear to be a TV-centered country as the US is. Books are highly regarded as part of their culture there.

Interesting.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote