View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 07:29 PM   #57
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
If you've never read any Piers Anthony, On a Pale Horse is possibly his best. I think the earlier books in any of his series tend to be the best written. But then, I'm indifferent to puns and prefer drier humor most of the time.

On the other hand, if you like puns and somewhat slapstick humor at times, Spider Robinson is worth a try, particularly the Callahan's Bar stories. Somehow I find them more likable (possibly a bit more mature) than the Piers Anthony style of humor.

Or, going in the other direction, you could check out Robert Asprin's Mythadventures series....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote