View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 11:22 PM   #543
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Beta for v1.6.1

Based on the above couple of posts I have decided to significantly change the "auto populate list from a column" feature. To recap, its intent was to allow you to sync a dynamically built list to your device based on a criteria of specifying a column and a value it contains, such as creating a SciFi list based on a tag or whatever.

In this 1.6.1 version, the feature is now called "Auto populate from search". Rather than choosing a column from a dropdown and typing a value, instead you just type a calibre search expression, just like you would if searching your library. So this could be something like tags:"=SciFi" or whatever you prefer.

This is far more flexible than the previous version as you can type comparison expressions, such as to find all the books you have added this month with date>01-03-2013 etc.

There is a crude attempt at migrating your auto populated lists to the new syntax when installing this plugin, but double check if you were using the previous version of this feature to make sure the search syntax is correct for you.

Let me know how you get on, and I will officially release it when ready.

Last edited by kiwidude; 03-16-2013 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Removed attachment as officially released
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote