View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
There's this thing I did when I was 19 and became an adult by going to Niagara Falls (Ont.), and then went back over the border and became a teenager again. In fact, one could hypothetically do this repeatedly, hitting the duty-free shop each time in the company of someone who is adult in both countries, or at least one could (hypothetically) in the 1990s.
When I was 18, I was an adult as all of the requirements were allowed for someone 18 (back then). I never had an issue with booze. My parents were not heavy drinkers. They drank socially, never to excess and had wine on the Jewish holidays and Friday nights. I grew up with full access to the liquor cabinet and my parents never needed to lock it or hide anything. My sister also never had a problem. We grew up with alcohol readily available. I think it's the parents that say no and try to make alcohol out to be a bad thing that gets kids wanting it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote