View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
Yayafava
Yayafava is on a distinguished road

Device: JBL
Smile Hi all, I'm new to the forum and ereaders

Someone on a group I belong to suggested I come here to find out which ereader to buy.

I used to love reading but due to very limited vision in my old age (61) lol, I have turned to audiobooks. Then I discovered ebooks and enjoy reading them on the computer but I have decided it is time to expand my horizons. Or perhaps go back to.... : )

I also love to crochet and cook. I have most of my patterns scanned onto the computer and then there are the docs and pdfs I have through the internet. Same with recipes.

My original decision to buy an ereader was so I can access my patterns at any time without a computer. And recipes. as my computer is upstairs and, lo and behold, my stove is downstairs. Thought it would be cool to just have access to them on a portable devise.

From there I went to actually reading novels on this desired piece of technology. Science Fiction and mystery are my favorite genres.

I also love reading with my grandchildren. A few years back we were all reading the Harry Potter books together, now its their required summer reading. We take turns and at relevant points, discuss things read or speculate. It is a lot of fun. Often though the books they use are in rather small print, and I miss the reading along with them. Thus, another "need" for an ereader! : )

Now that I have introduced myself (in a rather round about fashion), I'm off to do my research and check out the forum.

Yayafava
Yayafava is offline   Reply With Quote