Thread: DIY - KeK
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #226
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
To my mind these are the additional tools we should be aiming to provide at a minimum inside at least one flavour of the Kek Emu

Subversion, Bazaar, Git, Mercurial, SSH, SCP, xzcat, Perl, Autoconf, Automake, Libtool. and all the various chuff that brings.
I.e. be Buildroot / Autotools ready

This could be a development addon drive perhaps or a drive that can be switched to for dev puposes.

So far my efforts to provide this have met with various (documented here) disasters.

Is this a crazy idea clearly spawned in the warped cradle that is a madman's mind?
Answers on a postcard. or here. that would also work.

Thoughts on my moving these hiccups forward via external tools? anyone?
Or something I missed perhaps.

I'm leaning toward elastoplasting with externally genned stuff right now.
Buildroot I'm looking at you. *goes off to fiddle with things that may or may not help*
I did start looking at what would be required to run Buildroot in the emulator . . . .
Got scared off by the long list of dependencies of dependencies of dependencies . . .

But I agree with you in the long-term - Rob's idea of a development system is handicapped by his aversion to GPLv3.

I really hate to drop what I am doing at the moment, but just how badly do you need a better dev-system image?
Could you take a few days break at this point.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote