View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #10
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
I forgot about that one. Thanks, I'll check it out!

BTW I've been getting duplicate posts myself recently (though not for last few days..). Probably a server issue.

[update:]
The iPhone app is kinda slick. In addition to TTS, it supports VoiceOver, and has a RSVP reading mode (speed controlled with thumb). Haven't tried on iPad yet.

The Android app seems a little more stripped down.

You can side-load ePub or PDF on either platform.

As far as Blio goes, it is not clear what the 'unique value proposition' is. There is no way to get a book you have purchased out of the system, for example.

Last edited by tomsem; 10-15-2012 at 07:52 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote