View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 01:36 AM   #24
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
So, just out of curiosity, and because I don't want to crack my screen by it being too tight, what setting do you put your vacuum sealer on? Moist? Is that a gallon size bag, or quart size? Oh, and which model food saver do you have?
When I go to the beach this fall I am seriously thinking of trying this.
Thanks for the info!
S
The model number is V2840, but I doubt it matters. On the poolside photo, I used the smaller quart sized roll, but it's hard to get the final seal really close, which is why there's an inch extra on one side. Next time I vacuum seal it, I plan on leaving a longer end to fold over. With the small end piece, it's harder to keep it folded back while I'm reading.

Look in my photos, I have a pic of my old Sony PRS-700 in a vacuum seal. As far as over vacuuming it, the only problem I ever had was because the buttons on the Sony 700 would become depressed. I would have to let out a little air, and try again, on the "moist" setting. The PPW has just one button on the bottom, where the seam is, so it's perfect for vacuum sealing because it's a difficult spot to make "snug" to the reader.

I did try to vacuum seal my Kindle 2 a few times, but there are so many buttons on that thing, that it was impossible to get a snug fit, without having half of the alphabet, or page turn buttons depressed. The PPW is perfect for vacuum sealing.

Last edited by SolRaven; 06-11-2013 at 06:55 PM.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote