View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #74
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post

Most readers either never make it to the market, or finally get phased out by a newer model, and companies selling off their small stock to fund for the research of perhaps another device, or close the doors on the debts they gotten themselves into while researching and creating such a device.
yes i know too well the vagaries of the US market. However Onyx's A60 has basically been on sale world wide for going on 3 years with upgrades to the structure and firmware along the way. PocketBooks Pro line is going on a year and a half now . The PocketBook 360 was on sale with really no changes for 2 years. Both companies and others sell quite well in Europe and Russia. Its the US market where these things are hard to find. There was only 3 of us basically selling them and with me out ther eare only 2(minus the importers).

Ill go out on a very short limb to say that the Boox A60 has actually been the best available 6" device since its first production. But try to get any one to give it some press. they only want to talk about Kindle and Nook.

Pocketbook 360 is probably the best device prior to Pearl displays and you couldnt get anyone to talk about it on this side of the pond outside of mobile read.

PocketBook had column reading from their very first device which was on sale for 3 years but again get anyone of "influence" to mention it or do a side by side with a kindle to show how much easier the 301 was to use.

edit: i failed to mention Irex but their first real consumer product destroyed them so i didnt see the point. Sony also didnt get a mention but their devices have been very good all along as well but I failed to mention them just as the press has(except when they made the mistake with the front lighting)

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 02-28-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote