View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 03:47 PM   #5
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
I hope they do. It might give me a better perspective of which issues are legitimate and which ones are self-caused, regarding firmware, anyway.

I see all the threads bemoaning updates, compare this to my own experiences, and can't quite make them align. An example of this is the complaint that books are opening a page or two earlier than when they were closed. I did have this happen once, but the book had been processed through Calibre. Everything that has come directly from Kobo or another retailer has worked perfectly.

With all the hacks and plug-ins, I'm afraid I'm rather dismissive of some people's complaints, and not so sympathetic.
How did I cause the ebook I'm reading to open a few pages earlier than I was last reading it?

How did I cause the wrong book cover to be displayed on the sleep screen?

How did I cause the text selection (for annotation) to be so broken that I cannot select the exact text that I want to, and have resorted to selecting chumks of text just to have the annotation in the system?

How did I cause selecting a word for dictionary lookup to select the entire screen of text, and then try a dictionary lookup on all that text?

How did I cause the battery to come loose in my Glo, so that it now rattles around?

How did I cause the bright pixels on my previous Glo, making me go through the hassle of exchanging it.

I'll stop there. I could go on for pages...

And by the way, the reason I bought my Kobos is because they allowed sideloaded epubs. And running something through Calibre shouldn't affect how the device deals with which page to open an ebook to.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote