View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #67
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Hopefully the picture tells the story - the path and URI for My PDF - English are

Code:
C:\Users\BetterRed\Quick Docs\Greece TFGR, McK etc\McKinsey Greece Executive_summary_English.pdf

file:///C:/Users/BetterRed/Quick%20Docs/Greece%20TFGR%2C%20McK%20etc/McKinsey%20Greece%20Executive_summary_English.pdf/
I use Lopes Filetools gadget to get the file URI into my paste buffer. You must have file:/// - (ie triple slash, not double slash)

Also illustrates another way to have more than one file of the same format for the same book

BR
So being unfamiliar with Filetools Gadget, I am in the dark.

What is the end result? Can you convert books stored in nonstandard locations using calibre, or open them, send to device etc. using calibre? If you move or rename their file location is it automatically updated in calibre?

If so you could provide the answer to some peoples prayers. I'm fine with the way things are, but if others can have their wishes granted, that would be wonderful as well.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote