View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #13
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
This would really stink if so. Amazon definitely doesn't need less competition in the US. If B&N pulls out Amazon will have the US market 99% to itself.

Honestly, I think it's important for B&N to have ebooks, even if they take a hit on some of the hardware. They're going to need to change things around a bit - not sending so much hardware to partners for one thing - but I don't think they're in an unrecoverable spot, particularly since their latest tablet efforts are reasonably awesome. People always forget that companies can play the long game. Amazon did it. Microsoft is famous for it, with the latest example being the Xbox division which was a losing proposition for years. Since MS bought into Nook, I've been wondering if they're going to bring part of their long-game experience into the discussions with B&N.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote